Okay, so you have booked your tickets to Aspen Fashion Week, March 11-14, 2012, but now you’re wondering about how to best dress for the mountain lifestyle? We’ve got you covered. Here are some great tips for traveling to our beautiful wintery wonderland.
• Fabulous winter boots are a must - they will keep your toes warm and the tread will help keep you on your feet. Our expert recommendation? The Roots Women’s Tall Sheepskin Motorcycle Boot.
• Layering is key - when you have the right base layers on, then you can still wear your most stylish ensembles. We love Marmot’s Wm’s Lightweight Bottom and Neve’s Amo Neve Crewneck. These layers provide so much warmth, without the bulk. Très chic!
• Don’t forget a stylish hat, scarf, gloves set - we all remember to bring these for the slopes, but a stylish, casual set is just as important for shopping around Aspen. Check out the Rossignol Hot Handy fur-trimmed mittens or W 1907 Sally X6 rabbit fur earmuffs.
• Lather up (with moisturizer, that is) – just because your skin is covered, doesn’t mean you won’t want to keep it quenched and glowing. Try Sunday Riley’s Disrobe, a firming, softening, non-greasy, luxuriously divine body lotion that we just can’t get enough of.
• Bring a versatile tote bag - it’s a great way to bring along an extra layer or a place to stash your mittens while you type a text. The Roots New French Tote is amazing and has so much room, plus long leather tassels that make it the perfect Aspen accessory. Another bag we love? The FEED Bag. There are a wide variety of burlap totes whose profits provide meals for starving children around the world.
Follow these simple steps and you will look like a true Aspen local, fabulous and functional.